Thursday, April 19, 2007

Lack of Sleep = :-(

I got out of my Biology Lab early today. Apparently, my one partner and I won't ever work in a forensics lab. We just did an experiment that required us to do those DNA slide things. I don't even know what they are called. I was in a bit of a daze after last night. I didn't get to bed until late, and then I had to wake up early. Last night was another one of our Accepted Students Overnight Visits. I had a good time, although I had to leave for parts of the night due to my weekly engineering group meetings. Overall, it turned out quite well. We are having another one of those next week. Hooray for another night with little sleep! Other than losing sleep, it is an amazing experience. Accepted high school senior(s) stay in the common room of my suite. Since Drexel's suites come equipped with a couch, the accepted student sleeps there. That means I don't have to give up my bed, and I still get the privacy of my own room (with my roommate still there of course). Usually the overnight visits consist of a Drexel Men's Basketball game, but the season is over, so we go to an improv comedy show. I really enjoyed the "Drexel Football Team." The name is suppose to be a joke, since Drexel really doesn't have a football team. For college students, they aren't that bad at all. After each improv comedy show, the group heads towards the Bubble House. I honestly love this place. The Bubble House serves bubble tea. It is a flavored tea with large tapioca bubbles. It comes with a straw large to drink the bubbles. We usually end up spitting the bubbles like a child would shoot spitballs. It is a bit juvenile, but the war is always a good time on the way back to the dorms. I love doing overnight hosting, so I would highly encourage every accepted student to come and visit this way. If you're one of the few lucky ones, you might get me as a host.

P.S. Sorry ladies, only males can host males. If you would like to be with me though, try to get Brittany. We work as a team with our overnights.

No comments: